These low carb coconut marshmallow cups are a very tasty candy you can make in no time. Full of chocolate and crunchy coconut with that special marshmallow creamy center. Only 0.9g net carbs per candy.
When I was little I always loved getting mallow cups in my Halloween bag. I’m not even sure if they still make them but I used to love the gooey marshmallow center and the milk chocolate cup. I never realized that they had coconut in them back then. Flash forward to me making these low carb chocolate coconut candies all the time. One day my brother in law said they reminded him of mallow cup and I had a flash back to Halloween as a kid. Since then I have been trying to create this low carb coconut marshmallow cups. They are so good. Even my hubby who is not a sweets eater, likes them.
I had a difficult time photographing these little treats. I’ve made so many batches of them and each time I took pics of them so they all look different but I’ll explain what I did. Above is what this recipe is based on. I used a mini muffin pan like this so I could get more out of a batch. Also I used regular marshmallow fluff like this, but I only used a 1/2 teaspoon in each cup so it didn’t add many carbs to it. The ingredients are:
- Swerve sweetener
- coconut oil
- raw cacao butter
- unsweetened coconut shredded
- cocoa powder, unsweetened
- marshmallow fluff
In the pic above I made the filling with heavy whipping cream and Torani Sugar Free S’mores syrup (which is my new addiction). I also froze those in this ice cube tray. As you can see they are messy but they were also good. Surprisingly my hubby liked these too. To make the cream for this batch beat 1/2 cup of heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of Torani S’mores Sugar Free syrup and 2 tablespoons of Swerve sweetener. You need to keep the whipped cream in the freezer until you get the bottom layer of chocolate set. Then add the cream and freeze until set and add the last layer of chocolate.
This batch made cups double the size of the muffin tins. I used these silicone cupcake liners and they worked like a dream but I only had four and my family kept eating them so I never got to make a big batch and take pics.
low carb coconut marshmallow cups
If you are a fan of mallow cups, and even if you aren’t, this is a very tasty treat to have on hand in the freezer for when those cravings hit. They are very sweet so you only need 1 or 2 to satisfy your sweet tooth. They are also very filling because of the coconut oil and cacao butter. The nutrition for 1 cup from the mini muffin batch is:
92 cals / 10.2g fat / 5.5g carbs / 4.5g fiber / 0.5g protein = 0.9g net carbs
- ¼ cup raw cacao butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons Swerve sweetener
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, unsweetened and toasted
- 2 tablespoons of marshmallow fluff
- In a saucepan, add the cacao butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder and Swerve. Mix until everything is melted and well combined.
- Pour about a teaspoon of the chocolate into the mini muffin pan sections. This recipe made 12 candies so use 12 sections.
- Place pan in the refrigerator for a minute or two to set.
- Take out of the refrigerator and add ½ teaspoon of marshmallow fluff to each candy. Put a bit of coconut oil on your finger and smooth out the marshmallow fluff. The coconut oil will keep it from sticking to your finger.
- Add the toasted coconut to the rest of the chocolate sauce and mix well.
- Spoon the chocolate over the fluff so that it looks nice and smooth on top.
- Freeze until set.
- Store in the freezer or refrigerator.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please visit our policies page.
more low carb sweet treats!