This easy Asiago cauliflower rice is a delicious low carb dish you can make in 15 minutes with only 3 ingredients. Only 3.4g net carbs per serving!
Have you ever tried cauliflower rice? It’s really quite good. Certainly not exactly like real rice. However when it comes to low carb cooking you can add some nice cheese and cream and you won’t miss the starchiness of real rice. I made easy Asiago cauliflower rice one day when I was in a pinch for a side dish. I often have a head of cauliflower in the fridge and so just a few pulses of the food processor and you have cauliflower rice! The nice thing about this dish, aside from it’s cheesy deliciousness, is that it takes less than 15 minutes to make and you only need 3 ingredients. And of course it is low carb!
I have a few other tasty cauliflower rice dishes on the blog. Recently I used cauliflower rice as the basis for salad jars and it was fantastic! It lasts much longer in the refrigerator than lettuce and is good and crunchy. It also tastes great in a Paleo cauliflower tabouli salad. I have some more cauliflower rice recipes at the end of the post for you to check out.
The simplest way to make cauliflower rice:
- Place florets into the bowl of a food processor. I love my mini food processor for this. It’s easy to clean and doesn’t take up too much space.
- Pulse until the cauliflower resembles grains of rice.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes in the microwave or on the stove until it’s done to your liking.
Sometimes I rice a whole head of cauliflower and keep it in the refrigerator for recipes. A head makes quite a bit of rice. The rest of this recipe is simple. You add the cauliflower rice to a large saute pan along with a few tablespoons of water. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Take off the lid and add your cream and cheese. Mix well and continue to cook on medium low heat for a few minutes. You are now done.
Easy Asiago Cauliflower Rice
I had some fresh basil that I used on my rice but my hubby ate it as is. It’s quite good and so easy to make. I hope you like this easy low carb side dish as much as we did. You can use any cheese you like but I suggest using a strong flavored or sharp cheese. The nutrition for 1 serving is:
250 cals / 21.8g fat / 5.6g carbs / 2.2g fiber / 7.1g protein = 3.4g net carbs
- 3 cups cauliflower, riced
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- In a large saute pan, add the riced cauliflower and 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and cheese and mix until cheese is melted.
- Taste to see if the cauliflower is done.
- Take off the heat and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please visit our policies page.
More riced cauliflower dishes!