This low carb mini skillet chocolate cake is a delicious treat for your sweet tooth. Moist and chocolatey cake you can eat right out of a skillet and only 4.3g net carbs per serving!
Today I made this low carb mini skillet chocolate cake for two reasons. First, I was in the mood for cake and second, I wanted to use these cute mini cast iron skillets. I have a thing about small things, no jokes please ;). I like mini versions of just about everything so when I saw these skillets at Target I had to buy them. However this is the first time I’ve used them. They are perfect for 1 or 2 servings of a dish. And as for this cake, it’s basically a low carb version of my mom’s Texas sheet cake without the frosting. It’s moist and chocolatey and only has 4.3g net carbs for half of the skillet! (Believe that is more than enough.)
I made two versions of this low carb chocolate cake because I have been having a love affair with toasted coconut. However I wanted to test this on my son and I know he doesn’t like coconut.
The important ingredients in this recipe are the coconut flour, sweetener and sour cream. I wanted to use coconut flour because I didn’t want to use almond flour today. However coconut flour tends to be dry so that is why I used sour cream, just like my mom did for her chocolate cake. It worked out very well in this recipe. Also I love using Swerve sweetener for baking. This chocolate cake was very sweet and delicious!
Of course you don’t have to make these in a skillet but you will have play around with the baking times. I think it would work better in a 8×8 inch baking dish rather than a larger one. A pie plate may work well too. Just make sure the top is set. Don’t cook it too much or it will be dry. Oh and by the way these are 5 inch skillets.
Low carb Skillet Chocolate Cake
This low carb skillet cake recipe makes 4 servings. I really think you can make it into 8 servings and be totally satisfied but I’ll keep the nutritional serving for 1/2 of the skillet. I hope you enjoy this low carb chocolate treat as much as we did. Enjoy!
321 cals / 30.4g fat / 53.3g carbs / 49g fiber / 4.7g protein = 4.3g net carbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small sauce pan, add butter, water, cocoa and Swerve sweetener. Whisk until well combined and butter is melted. Take off stove and let cool.
- In one bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl beat eggs and then add sour cream and mix well to combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix well. Then add in the chocolate mixture and mix once more.
- Pour into 2 5 inch cast iron skillets. If adding toasted coconut flakes, sprinkle over top.
- Place into oven and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Test to see if done by touching the firm middle or using a toothpick. Try not to over bake it.
- Take out of oven and let cool for 10 -15 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please visit our policies page.
More low carb baked goods!