This low carb bacon cheeseburger frittata is a fun way to eat your burger without the bun! But the flavor is all there and it’s only 1.3g net carbs per slice.
When I’m earnestly trying to stick to my low carb diet, eggs are my go to ingredient. I find these big frittatas to be so filling and versatile. One of my best recipes is my breakfast pizza which is very similar to this. However today I wanted to have that bacon cheeseburger taste. So this low carb bacon cheeseburger frittata is loaded with all the fixings I would put on my favorite burger. This makes a huge, filling frittata that only has 1.3g net carbs per slice. How great is that!
First of all I used a big cast iron skillet like this. I like cast iron because you can use it on the stove and then finish it off in the oven. You can use any kind of skillet that does the same. I made the frittata by mixing the eggs and cream and cooking it on the stove until it just sets on the sides. Then put it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. You don’t want to over cook or it will become dry. In the meantime brown the meat and make your bacon. When the frittata is done, take it out of the oven and top with ground beef, bacon and cheese. Set it under the broiler to melt the cheese.
And here is the bacon cheeseburger frittata coming out of the oven. You can eat it like this or you can add tomatoes, onions and even lettuce like you would a burger. The eggs do a good job to give it that bun-like taste.
As you can see below I liked it with the toppings and I even added a bit of ranch dressing once. Believe it or not, I think this would even taste good with ketchup if you are a scrambled eggs and ketchup kind of person.
low carb bacon cheeseburger frittata
I hope you this easy and tasty low carb dinner. I also made a pepperoni pizza frittata that’s great. You really can do a lot of with these frittatas so try to come up with your own combinations. Please let me know if you come up with a winner, ok? Thanks for stopping by and here is the nutrition for 1 piece:
333 23.5g fat / 1.6g carbs / 0.3g fiber / 25.4g protein = 1.3g net carbs
- 12 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup cream, heavy whipping
- 12 oz ground beef
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 roma tomato (optional)
- ⅛ cup red onion chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup lettuce, shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the eggs and cream until well combined and add to large oven proof skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the sides start to set a bit.
- Put into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. You don't want to over cook it but it should be set in the middle.
- In the meantime, brown the meat and make the bacon.
- When the frittata comes out of the oven, top with your ground beef, bacon and cheese.
- Place under the broiler for about 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Take it out of the oven and let set for 5 minutes.
- Top with your favorite burger toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please visit our policies page.
More low carb egg recipes!