What’s better than some Buffalo Blue Cheese Stuffed Anaheim Peppers using fresh peppers from the garden! This easy low carb appetizer will please all of the hot sauce lovers in your life.
Along with all the zucchini we’ve harvested lately, is a boatload of Anaheim peppers. I love these peppers because they are a bit hot but not too hot and very versatile. Lately I’ve been craving Buffalo sauce and blue cheese so when my hubby handed me all these peppers I put together these Buffalo Blue Cheese Stuffed Anaheim Peppers for us to snack on. It was plenty hot but delicious with creamy blue cheese stuffing.
My peppers are a little messy because I was in a hurry to make these. Below you can see a few splits in the peppers from me hurriedly cleaning out the middles but for the most part, the cheesy filling stayed firm when cooked. I first blanched the peppers because I didn’t want to bake them in the oven very long. I did this by dropping them in boiling water for 4 minutes and then taking them out and placing into a big bowl of ice and water.
This also helps them to be cool enough to stuff. The stuffing is blue cheese and cream cheese. I used my hands to push the cheese in as much as I could. Then I baked them for 15 minutes while I made the Buffalo sauce which was just Tabasco sauce, garlic and butter. I had to put this whole bottle in!
I poured the sauce over when they were done but I think next time I will bake them with sauce to see if it thickens up a bit.
buffalo blue cheese stuffed Anaheim peppers
So that is all there is to that hot and tasty appetizer, lunch or snack. I have many other Buffalo recipes on this site and one similar to this is my Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Chiles. It’s a bit more heartier than this recipe but today I liked the simplicity of this one. Scroll below for other Buffalo flavored recipes.
- 17 peppers
- 6 oz blue cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 5 oz hot sauce (I used Tabasco)
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and blue cheese and set aside.
- Clean out the ribs and seeds of the peppers.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and place peppers in.
- Cook for 4 minutes and then take out and place into a large bowl of water with ice cubes in it.
- Take them out and dry off a bit.
- Stuff with cream cheese mixture and then place in the oven to bake.
- In the meantime, bring the hot sauce, butter and garlic to a boil and then simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the peppers when they come out of the oven.
- Serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please visit our policies page.
More buffalo flavored recipes to try!