These apricot orange grilled seafood kebabs are perfect for a healthy and light dinner on the grill.
In the summer time we tend to grill out a lot. Sometimes it’s nice to add a little seafood to the mix of burgers, sausages and steaks, so that is why I came up with these apricot orange grilled seafood kebabs. The marinade is light and tasty for this seafood mix of shrimp, salmon and tuna. You can eat these kebabs with rice and broccoli or over a salad. Either way you will love how it tastes and how easy it is to make!
Let’s talk seafood. I picked these 3 because they are my favorite. However I have to be honest with you. I used frozen tuna this last time and I was not enamored with it. If you can get fresh tuna, please use that. The salmon was perfect as was the shrimp. I used wooden skewers like these and had no problems with them, but use metal ones if you wish.
Seafood takes little to no time to prepare and it’s so good for you. Salmon has all those omega 3’s and tuna is a nice meaty fish without the fat. The marinade is simply orange juice, apricot jam, soy sauce, garlic and olive oil. I used apricot jam in this recipe because I seem to not be able to stop myself. I put it on my sandwiches (poblano grilled cheese) and even my pasta (artichoke & olives pasta)!
Just whisk the marinade and pour into a large ziplock bag with your seafood. You only want to marinate seafood for 1/2 hour so it doesn’t get mushy. These kebabs only take about 5-10 minutes to cook on the grill so this really is a quick dinner.
apricot orange grilled seafood kebabs
Well I hope you like this light, summer dinner on the grill. I forgot to mention that swordfish would be a nice substitute for the tuna if you can find that. You want a meaty fish to stand up the skewers. Enjoy!
- 12 oz fresh tuna, cut into chunks
- 12 oz fresh salmon, cut into chunks
- 16 large, raw shrimp, peeled
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Add the apricot jam to a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to liquify.
- To that add the soy, orange juice, garlic and oil. Whisk to combine and make the marinade.
- Add all of the seafood to a large ziplock bag and pour marinade over.
- Seal bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Take the seafood out of the bag and add to skewers.
- Grill for 5-8 minutes or until done.
More great seafood recipes!