These grilled chicken fajita kebabs are a quick and easy dinner. Marinate the night before and eat as a taco or a salad. A delicious dinner on the grill!
The other day I was craving fajitas. They aren’t something I make much but I like them. However I have decided to learn how to use the grill more. I hate having to wait until my hubby gets home to do the grilling and thought I’d take kebabs in hand and do it myself. What I learned is that it’s not so hard. So the other day I decided to make these grilled chicken fajita kebabs. The thought being that you can just grab a kebab and tortilla and you have an easy taco in hand. I also liked that you can eat the leftovers on a salad the next day. Easy, peasy and tasty too!
We like Tex-Mex in our house. When in a rush to make dinner, I often make quesadillas or my salsa chicken in a slow cooker. It’s something we all love. However there is something about grilled veggies that make fajitas taste so good. So when I decided to make these I knew I would have it over a salad and my hubby and son would have tacos. I saved half of the marinade to use as my salad dressing.
To make these kebabs I decided to put them on the skewers first and then marinate them over night. I used wooden skewers because I wanted them to be disposable so I could see if this would work for a party. The chicken breasts were cut into strips and wound around the chunks of onions so they wouldn’t fall apart. Then I used little sweet bell peppers and grape tomatoes to round out my kebabs. I place them in a container and poured the marinade over them.
You can put whatever you like on your taco or salad. I love the creaminess of fresh avocado and cilantro. My son has to has his shredded cheese!
Grilled Chicken Fajita Kebabs
Another nice thing is that each kebab is one portion. So these would be great for a summer party. Make them up the night before and everyone can grab a kebab and a tortilla and they’d be set. You would easily know how much to make. I hope you like this easy dinner. For more kebab like dinner see below.
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 12 mini peppers cut in half lengthwise
- 16 grape tomatoes
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 large chunks
- Marinade & Dressing
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- cilantro (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- Add all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Start making the kebabs by adding 1 grape tomato and ½ pepper.
- Then take a piece of chicken add one end to the skewer, add a chunck of onion, then the other end of the chicken piece. This will keep the onion together. Continue make the skewer with a ½ piece of pepper, then another chicken onion combination, another ½ piece of pepper and finally a grape tomato.
- This should make about 8 skewers.
- Add the skewers to a marinating container or large food storage container and pour ½ of the marinade over them. Place in the refrigerator over night.
- Then next day, heat the grill and add the skewers. Grill until done about 10 minutes. Make sure the chicken is done and the vegetables are to your liking.
- One skewer will make one taco.
- Can also serve over lettuce to make a salad and use the other half of the marinade as salad dressing.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
more kebab dinners!