These low carb western omelet bagels are a delicious and convenience breakfast choice. Only 2.4g net carbs per serving.
I’m always looking for new things to make for breakfast and have been wanting to make these low carb western omelet bagels for sometime. I love western omelets and thought that they would be fun to make into a bagel form. And they were! They have all the ingredients of a western omelet as well as almond flour to make them gluten free too! I love that you can make a dozen in no time and then freeze them for later use. Best of all they are only 2.4g net carbs per bagel!
If you haven’t noticed that I am somewhat of a kitchen gadget fanatic. One of the reasons I wanted to make this recipe was that I wanted to use my bagel/donut pan. It’s a great little pan that I’ve made Paleo blueberry bagels and a low carb tomato & herb bagel. I’ve even made my famous gyro meat bagel in this pan! (see pics below) I have yet to make any donuts using it but there are lots of recipes on Pinterest that I want to try.
These are not super chewy and sturdy like a bagel. They are more like an eggy muffin consistency. I really didn’t want them to be bready but wanted them to have a bit more substance than an omelet. So the ingredients are the green pepper, onion, ham, eggs and cheese that I mentioned above as well as almond flour, flax seed and baking soda. You first saute the vegetables and ham and then mix those with the other ingredients and spoon into the bagel pan. Then use your spoon and smooth the surface before you sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake for 12 minutes and that’s it!
Low Carb Western Omelet Bagels
These make for a great low carb breakfast or snack. I would eat them as is and not cut them and put anything on them like a bagel. They don’t need it. They are also great to freeze and pop in the microwave for a few minutes for a quick breakfast on the go. This recipe makes 12 servings so you will get a lot of bagels to nosh on. I hope you like them as much as I did. Enjoy!
165 cals = 12.2g fat / 4g carbs / 1.6g fiber / 10.5g protein = 2.4g net carbs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz ham, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup flax seed, ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add oil to a large skillet and then add the onions and peppers.
- Saute until slightly browned, about 10 minutes, and then set aside to cool.
- In a a small bowl, mix the almond flour, flax seed, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- In a bigger bowl beat eggs and the mix in the ¾ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Add the dry ingredients to the eggs and mix well.
- Grease your bagel tin and then spoon in the egg mixture.
- Smooth over the tops and then sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes or firm to the touch.
- Let cool before taking out of pan.
- Freeze individually if you wish.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
More delicious low carb bagels!