This Mediterranean Brussels sprouts side dish is easy and delicious. Briny olives, sweet tomatoes and tangy feta bring the fresh Brussels sprouts to life! And only 15 minutes to make!
As you may have guess I like Brussels sprouts. I have quite a few recipes on the blog. The other day I was staring a huge jar of Kalamata olives in my fridge (from Costco of course) and decided to make this Mediterranean Brussels sprouts side dish for dinner. I love how the briny olives and the sweet sun dried tomatoes complement the fresh, earthy Brussels. I could have eaten this as a main dish but I served it as a side and it was delicious. The only thing that was missing was some pine nuts but I had some slivered almonds on hand they worked perfectly!
Like all my dishes, this is quick and easy. I usually like to precook my Brussels sprouts because otherwise they can take a long time to cook on the stove. Of course they taste great roasted but today I was in a hurry so in they went into my microwave pot for 4 minutes to cook. Meanwhile I got out a big saute pan and heated the olive oil and garlic. Once that was fragrant, I added in all the other ingredients except the almonds and feta cheese and cooked for a few minutes.
Mediterranean Brussels Sprouts
While the Brussels sprouts, olives and tomatoes were melding together, I toasted the almonds in a dry skillet. That should only take a few minutes but you have to watch that they don’t burn. When they are done, I tossed in the feta cheese and sprinkled the almonds on top.
Start to finish this dish only takes 15 minutes at most. It’s filing and tasty on it’s own but it would also be a substantial and festive side dish to serve for company. So if you are like me and buy huge jars of Kalamata olives from Costco you now have a great recipe to try. Enjoy!
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 20 Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 8 sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook the Brussels in the microwave for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil and garlic in a large saute pan. Cook for a minute or two.
- Add tomatoes, Brussels, olives, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Saute for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile toast almonds in a dry skillet for a couple minutes. Watch that they don't burn.
- When almonds are a bit toasted. Take everything off the stove.
- Mix in the feta cheese and sprinkle the almonds on top and serve.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
More Mediterranean flavored dishes!