These prosciutto wrapped chicken bundles are a quick and easy, low carb dinner everyone will love. Only 3.7g net carbs!
I shop at Aldi a lot. It’s so close to my house and I love how they have quality products at low prices. Recently I was there and found this package of prosciutto and it was so inexpensive! So I bought some along with some thin sliced chicken breasts and came up with this prosciutto wrapped chicken breasts dish. It was fantastic! I added the green beans in there so for some one like me who is eating low carb, I have my dinner nicely packaged in a little bundle. This recipe is super easy, and only 3.7g net carbs per serving.
This is very similar to my bacon wrapped stuffed chicken dish. In that dish I stuffed a chicken breast with ham and swiss and then wrapped it in bacon. It too is fabulous but this is a bit lighter. The prosciutto is much leaner and the green beans make it seem fresher for some reason. You only need 4 ingredients and you can get them all at Aldi! (This is not a paid post for Aldi. I just love them!)
So to make these cute little bundles, simply take one of the thin sliced chicken breasts and add a piece of swiss cheese. If you don’t have thin cut chicken breast, you can buy regular and slice them in two like a bagel and then pound thin. On top of the swiss cheese, place a bundle of green beans. I did not precook them and then were crunchy. If you prefer them softer, microwave them for a few minutes (2-3) first. Then roll the breast and take a piece of prosciutto and cover the seam of the chicken and wrap around. Place the bundles seam side down and bake for about 30 minutes.
prosciutto wrapped chicken bundles
After they are cooked, you might want to set them under the broiler to crisp up the ham but watch that they don’t burn. I ate them as is for my dinner and I made a simple potato and green bean side dish for my family. They really liked this dish so I will probably make it again soon. I hope you like it too! The nutritional information for 1 serving is:
285 cals / 14g fat / 5.2g carbs/ 1.5g fiber/ 39.1g protein =3.7g net carbs
- 1 lb chicken sliced thin
- 4 pieces of swiss cheese
- 20 green beans
- 4 pieces of proscuitto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- If you don't have thin sliced chicken, then take each breast and slice as you would a bagel. Then pound each piece to make it thin.
- Add a piece of swiss cheese to each piece and then a bundle of green beans. About 5 green beans.
- Roll the chicken up and then place a piece of prosciutto over the end and wrap.
- Place seam side down on a sprayed baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- If you want the prosciutto to be crisper, place under the broiler for a few minutes but watch that it doesn't burn.
- Note the beans will be crispy. If you wish them to be softer, cook for a few minutes in the microwave first.
More low carb chicken dishes