This pecan chocolate breakfast bread is a delicious gluten free treat that you can have every morning. Easy to make and freezable too!
I’ve been on a breakfast bread kick. My last bread (cinnamon apple breakfast bread) was a real hit in our family and I used almond flour to make it gluten free. For this bread I’ve used almond butter and it too makes a quick and tasty sweet bread. Both are somewhat low carb. It’s the perfect breakfast for my husband who usually likes bagels and pastries for breakfast but is trying to lower his carb intake. I like this pecan chocolate breakfast bread because it’s so easy to make and you can freeze slices for another day.
Like most quick breads you really just mix the wet ingredients first and then mix in the dry ingredients. Since Im using almond butter today, it’s mostly wet ingredients. For the chocolate, I used a dark chocolate bar I buy at Aldi. It’s 85% cacao so it’s pretty dark but I like the taste. It’s not very sweet. You could use any kind of chocolate you like but if you are going for the health benefits, stick to dark chocolate. I used pecans because I love them but again you can vary the type of nut you use if you wish.
Pecan Chocolate Breakfast Bread
Thoughts & Notes
- I used Swerve sweetener because it has 0 net carbs and tastes like sugar to me. Coconut sugar is also a good choice. This bread is not overly sweet so if you want it sweeter adjust accordingly.
- I used pumpkin puree to keep it moist.Make sure it’s our pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. You can substitute no sugar added apple sauce instead of the pumpkin if you wish.
- As mentioned above, you can use any type of chocolate or nut combination.
- Use a clean almond butter as possible. Make sure there is no added sugar in the ingredients list.
- This bread is easy to freeze and gluten free. Just slice and then freeze the individual slices. Reheat in the microwave for breakfast.
- This bread is a quick & healthy make ahead breakfast option that is lower in carbs and sugar.
I hope you like this recipe. I’ve already made it 4 times as it’s easy and really delicious. I think I’ve finally found a baking project that I can handle! Enjoy.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please visit our policies page.
- ¾ cup almond butter
- 1 cup of cauliflower, riced
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup Swerve
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- ½ cup roasted pecans, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk your eggs and then add all of your ingredients except for the chocolate and pecans.
- When mixed together, add your pecans and chocolate and just mix to incorporate.
- Spoon into a greased bread pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes checking every once in awhile to make sure it doesn't get over done.
- A toothpick should pull out of the center cleanly and/or the top should be firm to the touch.