Spicy apricot pistachio cookies are easy to make and have a delightfully unique flavor. These cookies feature sweet apricots, spicy chiles and crunchy pistachios for a great taste.I made this recipe a few weeks ago for a Sunday Supper theme of spicy and sweet. I ended up making my Spicy Apricot Chicken Meatballs instead, but originally I wanted to use apricot and pistachios because it reminds me of my dad. He was Lebanese and this combination just seems like something he would have loved. Actually if I had added some cheese I think I would have hit his trifecta (cheese, nuts and fruits). Anyway, these came out really good. My mother in law ate a few everytime she came into the kitchen and they were gone in one night.
This recipe is super easy. I bought store bought sugar cookie dough because I may have told you (at nauseam) that I am not much of a baker. I even had trouble making these cookies all the same size. <sigh> Sometimes I think it’s a lost cause … I just don’t have that perfectionist gene. Other times (like when I’m craving something sweet) I think someday I’m going to get better at baking.
On to the recipe. The ingredients I used are cookie dough, pistachios, apricots, apricot jam and a serano chile. Five ingredients and about 20 minutes for a delicious cookie! Not bad huh? Begin by making your cookies according to the package instructions. Let them cool while you assemble the toppings. Chop your chile in a cusinart or by hand but make sure it’s very finely chopped. Add to your jam and spread over the cooled cookies. Top with a slice of fresh apricot and some chopped pistachios. Take a bite and enjoy.
Spicy Apricot Pistachio Cookies
I love the combination of sweet and spicy. As a matter of fact I’m making a Pineapple Jalapeño Shrub Cocktail for next week and the sweetness of the fruit with the heat of the peppers is just a delicious combo to me. It reminds me of summers and far off places.
I hope you like this uniquely different cookie. I wish my dad was still alive as I think they would have made him happy, but it seems my mother in law liked them so that’s awesome too. Enjoy!
- 1 roll of ready made sugar cookie dough
- 4 apricots, sliced
- 1 serano chile, finely diced
- ½ cup apricot jam
- ½ cup of pistachio nuts, chopped
- Prepare cookies according to package instructions.
- Let cookies cool while you prepare the toppings.
- Using a food processor, finely chop your serano chile. You can do this by hand but make sure the pepper is very finely chopped.
- Add the pepper to jam and mix very well.
- Slice the apricots and chop the pistachios.
- Spread the jam on each cookie.
- Add a slice of apricot and paint a bit more jam on top of the apricot so the nuts stick.
- Sprinkle pistachios on top.