Creamy sun dried tomato & broccoli cabbage is an easy side dish or main course. A great low carb alternative to pasta. Sometimes I just get in the mood for a creamy pasta dish. My hubby is not such a fan of creamy sauces and I’m always trying to keep the carbs down, so I made this dish for myself one night. The creamy sauce was easy to make and the sun dried tomatoes gave it a boost of flavor. While cabbage noodles do not taste like pasta, they are surprisingly good and makes eating cabbage a bit more fun.
I have a few other cabbage noodle recipes on my site (pork ragu with cabbage noodles, red curry cabbage noodles). So believe me when I say cabbage noodles are good. And if you are on a low carb diet, they are a great thing to try when you are craving pasta. The cream sauce is simple but rich with butter, cream cheese, cream, sun dried tomatoes and grated cheese. I added some broccoli because I love how broccoli soaks up whatever sauce it’s in. Yummo. So, to prepare, I melted the cream cheese and butter in a saute pan. I added in the cream and grated cheese and whisked to incorporate. Then I added in the sun dried tomatoes, cooked cabbage and broccoli. Note: I precooked the cabbage and broccoli in the microwave to speed things up. Mix well and let simmer for a few minutes and you have a tasty low carb side dish or meal. This made about 4 side dish portions or 2 main dish portions. The nutrition is for the side dish portion.
1 serving = 229 cals / 19.3g fat / 8.5 carbs / 2.7g fiber / 7.3g protein = 5.8g net carbs
- 2 cups of cabbage, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup of sun dried tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup of boiling water
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup of grate cheese
- ¼ cup of cream cheese
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- Slice your cabbage into thin strips or noodles.
- Microwave on high for 5 - 10 minutes or until cabbage is cooked
- Place your sundries tomatoes into a small bowl and add the boiling water. Let sit.
- When cabbage is done, take it out and place your broccoli into the microwave and cook for 4 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, add your butter, cream and cream cheese.
- Once all the cream cheese is melted, whisk in the grated cheese.
- Add in the tomatoes and water, mix well.
- Add in your cabbage noodles and broccoli and let cook for 3 minutes.