These delicious low carb sausage & cheese muffins make the perfect snack, breakfast or even appetizer. Easy to make and taste like a sausage and cheese pizza and only 1g net carbs per muffin.
I made these awhile ago but I forgot to post it! I had hoped to freeze them and eat a couple for a snack or something but my husband and I ate the whole thing! They were super filling so I don’t suggest that you do that, but I wanted to point out that they were really tasty. Not the most beautiful things but they were low carb and delicious and that was what I was going for.
This recipe was an adaptation of Lynn Terry’s recipe on Traveling Low Carb.com. She has lots of great ideas for low carb living and even has a 90 Day Low Carb Challenge Facebook group if you are interested in a low carb diet. The Facebook group has some very inspiring member testimonials so check both places out if you get a chance. Her sausage ball recipe is great but I just wanted to change it up a bit using Italian sausage and seasonings.
The recipe is a simple one. You just mix your almond flour, sausage, spices, cheese and egg together and form into little balls. I made mine in a mini muffin tin but you can just use a cookie sheet if you prefer. Bake em and eat em! For almond flour I really like Honeyville because they use blanched almonds to make a finer flour. But I’ve also used Blue Diamond too. Both can be found on Amazon and sometimes Costco.
Low carb sausage & cheese muffins
So next time you want a low carb snack or even if you want to take an appetizer to a holiday party and still stick to your low carb diet, this is the one to make. There is only 1 net carb in each muffin and believe me they are filling. Enjoy! Nutrition per muffin:
116 cals / 9.9g fat / 1.7g carbs / 0.7g fiber / 5.5g protein = 1g net carbs
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Italian sausage link, casing removed
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything in a large bowl. Make sure to take off the casing on the sausage and break up into small pieces. It's easier to mix with your hands though messy.
- Spray a small muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Divide your mixture into as many small muffins as you like. I made 16 muffins with this batch. They are small but dense so don't let the small size fool you.
- Bake for 10 minutes and take out of oven.
- Eat immediately or let cool a bit and freeze for an easy low carb snack.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please visit our policies page.
More Low Carb Breakfast Ideas