So this is one of my first Weight Watchers type recipe. I’m trying to keep it healthy but this recipe does have some fat free products that I don’t necessarily believe in. However since I’m trying to follow the WW guidelines, this is what I came up with for an after dinner treat with a low point value.
I found the original recipe on Jo and Sue’s blog for Blueberry Cheesecake popsicles which can be found here. I adapted it a bit but it’s very simple: frozen berries, low fat cream cheese, sweetener and fat free whipped topping. According to my calculations these bites came out to 1 point each BUT I did not count the fruit in the recipe because it is my understanding that fruit is free. So that is up to you as to how you will interpret this recipe as far as points go. It made 12 large cubes so 1/12 was 1 point and absolutely delicious! Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 2 Tablespoons non fat greek yogurt
- 4 Tablespoons low fat cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Swerve, or other sweetner
- splash Torani SF Raspberry Syrup, optional....I had it so I used it.
- 1 cup whipped topping, fat free
- In a high speed blender, puree the berries, sweetener, yogurt and cream cheese.
- Add puree to a bowl and gently fold in whipped topping. Immediately add to ice cube tray or other mold. Mine made 12 large cube sized treats.
- Freeze for a few hours until they are solid. Take out of molds and store in a zip lock bag. One is the perfect size for after a meal to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- NOTE: I added a splash of Torani SF Raspberry syrup because I like the taste of it and it works well with my blend of frozen mixed berries. It's not necessary. I would just taste the mixture to see if it's sweet enough for your tastes.