Who doesn’t like a Big Mac now and then. Actually I haven’t had a Big Mac in nearly 20 years but I have had a Big Mac Salad many times. I learned about this concoction while on The Ideal Protein diet. It’s really quite tasty whether or not you are on a diet and especially if you like the taste combination of a Big Mac.
Here is the recipe: 2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame bun. Ok that was the jingle from way back but my salad is pretty similar:
- Romaine lettuce
- bell peppers, chopped
- radishes, sliced
- red onions, sliced
- pickles, chopped
- ground beef, grass fed preferable
- Montreal steak seasoning
- Thousand Island dressing (low carb preferable)
- You use a base salad of whatever you like which is romaine for me. I like to add peppers and radishes for color but that is up to you.
- Top the salad with red onions and chopped pickles.
- In the meantime, brown some ground beef in a skillet with Montreal Steak seasoning to get that great burger taste.
- When finished browning, put the beef on the salad along with your thousand island dressing.
- For a very low carb salad use Walden Farms Thousand Island Dressing which I think has 0 carbs.
- And that's all there is to it. You can add cheese if you like but I didn't feel it needed it.
So I guess my new jingle would be: 2 grass fed beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, no cheese, pickles, onions in a salad bowl. Nah that doesn’t sound right….but the taste is great so go and make one today and enjoy!