This roasted tomato sauce is perfect with fresh tomatoes from your garden. It is so delicious you won’t buy jar sauce again and best of all it’s easy!
So today I had 4 nice vine tomatoes just hanging out on my kitchen counter. When suddenly I remembered a cooking show I saw recently at the gym. (Yes I know watching cooking shows while working out is rather ridiculous.) Anyway, I remember it seemed simple and it looked delicious so I decided to just make my own version. Let me tell you this will be a regular at my house…especially when summer comes and we are bombarded with fresh tomatoes.
All you need are a few ripe tomatoes.
Quarter these and add to a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Add a few cloves of garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasonings and you are good to go.
Roast them in a 375 degree oven for about an hour and they should look like this.
Next you mash them a bit with a potato masher and voila! You have roasted tomato sauce. Serve with pasta, other veggies, on a sandwich or just with a piece of bread. It really is simple and delicious!!!
Roasted tomato sauce
I hope you give this a try because it really is delicious and the perfect way to enjoy fresh garden tomatoes. For more delicious tomato recipes check out these recipes!
- 4 tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves garlic, whole
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Quarter tomatoes and toss with olive oil, garlic cloves, salt and pepper and seasoning in an 8x8 baking dish.
- Roast in a 375 degree oven for 1 hour. Check towards the end to make sure they are roasting and not burning.
- Take out of oven and mash with a potato masher. Enjoy!